Monday, January 26, 2009

Sick babies

It's 9pm on Monday night, I've had about 2 1/2 hours sleep last night. Katie was up all night with an upset stomach. I ended up changing her bed three times, poor thing was so upset each time it almost broke my heart. Then I had to take Adri in this AM for her 2 month check up and she had to get three shots & one oral med. She threw up the oral completely and cried so hard she was gasping for air & had tears.

By the time Adri & I got home Katie seemed to be doing a bit better (grandma came over to stay with her), but Adri became VERY fussy. That sends Katie into a tail spin again, she ate some of the cheese off my lunch (but thew that up an hour later) which just made her upset all over again. She gets real clingy when she doesn't feel good or Adri is upset.

I HATE seeing either of my girls sick or upset & I had both with all of the previous mentioned. It was a really rough afternoon!!!

I'm feeling the effects of no sleep, emotional drainage, and motherhood put to it's test. So this is a short post; may all of you out there understand it's time for bed in the Duncan Life!

Good night

1 comment:

  1. NOt a mom, but we've had the nephews when they were sick.

    Hugs all around, hope you stay well. I found out a long time ago that germs or no germs, not hugging a miserable toddler (or any kid not matter the age) is just not an option. You just cross your fingers and open your arms.

    ReplyDelete