Thursday, January 22, 2009

Potty Training


Katie & I are starting to potty train. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I also didn't realize it would be so hard. Two weeks ago she actually did pee in her potty, then nothing. I thought I'd get her pull-ups to help with getting the pants on & off, at that point she didn't want anything to do with potty training. So I let it go, EVERYONE says not to push as that will just make it harder.

Then this afternoon Katie tells me, well says, "pee pee". So I asked her if she wanted to go sit on the potty, she said yes. We went in, pulled the pants down and sat on the potty. Nothing. I let her run around with nothing on the bottom so that if she knew she was going to go she'd use the potty. I kept asking her and we sat on the potty two other times. Then I saw her sitting on the sofa with her sisters burp rag (Belle is only 2months old) rubbing her "who-who". I told her we were going to put the diaper back on, well it was too late! She had just peed on the sofa.

I told her I wasn't mad but if she had to pee-pee she just needed to go sit on the potty. Guess I have to be more diligent when she says she has to go and keep her on the potty a bit longer. I think she's going to get it quickly as soon as she realizes how easy it is. I can only hope!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Katie likes to go bare. Have to keep an eye on her come summer-she won't have a tan line in sight. :-)

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete